- #1. Since the document is fairly sizeable, it needs to be uploaded (somewhere) onto the web.
- #2. Then your blog really just somehow needs to 'point' to the uploaded document, so that your readers can just click on something on your blog, to go directly to the uploaded document.
Ok, dealing with #1 -- the Uploading.
- Upload it to WHERE? This is a biggest issue, because unfortunately, Blogger doesn't currently provide server-space somewhere to house your document. Perhaps our readers here will leave a comment re their favorite place to house documents online. And in the near future, we're working on a solution, especially with 'SimDesk' (SimIndiana.com), sponsors of our upcoming 'Urban Tech Day'. But right this moment, there IS NO good answer, other than our standard response... "Ya gotta KNOW somebody" (who's got server space and are willing to help you).
But then, that's a pretty good affirmation to our basic philosophy at UBbloggin -- "It's not WHAT you know, so much as it is WHO you know... and thus our focus on building great relationships... for this life... and the life to come."
Ok, fortunately... you know ME. And I've got (some amount of) space on the IndyChristian.com server, and am willing to help those who collaborate well in the cause of Christ. Email me your document and I'll see what I can do.
And for those of you now coming aboard BEHIND the scenes via CrossroadsConnection.com... there's an ability to attach your files to an entry there inside CC. But the neat part is that the attachment can be seen PUBLICALLY... by anyone. And that's the way I cured this person's issue. I attached it to a blog-entry inside CrossroadsConnection.com. [read on]
Now... dealing with consideration #2... what to do at your blog, to 'point' to the now-uploaded document?
- The easiest way is just write a phrase and hyperlink it to the document. Example... "Click here for detailed diagram".
- But personally, I often prefer creating a little teaser pic of some kind to add a little pizazz... and hyperlink the PIC so it'll take folks to the diagram document when anyone clicks it. Creating a little thumbnail pic of the larger document or picture... is a separate issue... for another day though. Stay tuned here at UBbloggin.com.