Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sad News From The Cafe Today...

One of our favorite-most friends at the cafe, Ms. Marie Johnson, passed away suddenly today.

Some know her as "Jackie's Mom"... But we all know Ms. Marie as that gentle helper who was seldom in the spotlight, but always shined her light on everyone else's day at the cafe... with a warm smile and generous hug. She never seemed to miss a day... quietly working away in the back... making our visit possible.

Marie cleverly dodged our cameras each week. Here she is though, in a rare photo... caught in a most common act she did so well...



Please pray for comfort for her family, especially our friend Jackie.



Funeral Arrangements are for Monday, March 9th...

* 10:00 a.m. Viewing at Stuart Mortuary (2201 N. Illinois)
* 11:00 a. m. Homecoming Service (also at Stuart Mortuary)

Procession to New Crown Cemetery for burial.


*************

Personally, I can't begin to tell you how much I'll miss Sister Marie. But nor can I really fathom just how happy she must be right now, in the presence of her Savior.

One last thing... Funeral costs will be monumental for this family. If you can somehow help, please contact Sister Elease Womack, the ministry founder.... at 317-920-5292.


2 comments:

Ellen5e said...

Okay... so the tears are flowing! I feel the sorrow of knowing I won't hear "you look like such a cute little ol'baby doll" in that sweet southern drawl when we speak together at the UBCafe every Saturday. I cry in remembrance as I am hearing her voice, feeling her soft "Palmolive" dish-washing hands, and teasing her to smile for the camera.

I sure am going to miss my beloved Miss Marie... the hole in my selfish heart is oozing pain. Evenso, I rejoice to know that my sweet Miss Marie is going to be there to party with me in the sky when the trump sounds! And we will be singing praises to our LORD and Savior for ever, and ever. AMEN!

Earth House said...

One of the main reasons I'd come into the cafe was to say hello to Miss Marie. I will miss her great humor,and honest smile.God is the all-knowing source of our comfort.